About This Blog

I created this as a way to place all news tips for the Citizen Journalism workshop at the Pasadena Community Network. We meet every Tuesday night 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Bring these or other story ideas and learn the new exciting world of citizen based collaborative journalism. Visit http://pasadenan.com/ for more information.

Location: Pasadena Community Network - Studio G
Street: 2057 N. Los Robles Ave.
City/Town: Pasadena, CA
http://www.pasadenacommunitynetwork.com/

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Distinguished Lecturer Award Winner to Present “Gaga, Garnett, and Gucci in the Classroom”

Dootsdeemalachanok “Tooktook” Thongthiraj, recent winner of the Pasadena City College Academic Senate and Board of Trustees Faculty Lecturer/Performance Award, will be presenting “Gaga, Garnett, and Gucci in the Classroom”on May 19 at noon in room C333.  A reception will follow in room C217 at 1 p.m.
            Thongthiraj, an assistant professor in the English Division, was honored with the prestigious award for outstanding service to students and excellence in creative and innovative teaching. Her presentation will include how and why she teaches popular culture. 
            “It is an honor to work at Pasadena City College,” Thongthiraj said. “Here, my parents first started their education in the United States. Here, my sisters and I also started our college education. I grew up two blocks from PCC on Allen Avenue, and as I rode my tricycle past PCC, I never thought that one day I would have the privilege of working here. To receive the Faculty Lecturer/Performer Award is another pleasant surprise.”
            For more information, contact the Academic Senate at (626) 585-7211.

No comments:

Post a Comment